Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Oatmeal "cookie" pancakes *

OK So there is NO way this makes 8 but it does make about 6 1/2 pancakes. The calories go up a bit but STILL WAYYY better than other pancakes! This one takes a little more time but defiantly worth it! :) Click on the title to go to the website that I got this from! 

Ingredients




    1 cup Oat Milk-Vanilla (can use rice, dairy or soy)
    2/3 cup rolled oats
    2/3 cup Whole wheat flour 
    Tablespoons brown sugar (leave out if you use sugary toppings) 
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 
    1/4 teaspoon salt 
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (up cinnamon if dropping brown sugar)
    2 eggs, beaten
    2 teaspoons canola oil 
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (Mexican if you can find it-better taste)



Directions

1. Heat milk until hot; remove from heat. Stir in oats. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.

2. While oats are cooking, stir together: flour, sugar, baking powder, flour and cinnamon. Make a well in the center for the liquid ingredients.

3. In a seperate bowl mix eggs,vanilla and oil. Then add to the well in the dry mixture with the oats. (oats should be soggy with excess milk-this is what you want for mixing)

4. Mix well.

5. For each pancake pour 1/4 a cup of butter onto skillet sprayed with Pam cooking spray. Cover over medium for about 4 minutes, flipping when bubbles appear.

Makes eight pancakes- Each pancake accounts for 1 serving.

Number of Servings: 8

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PAISANS.

Number of Servings: 8




Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 8
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 111.6
  • Total Fat: 2.7 g
  • Cholesterol: 46.8 mg
  • Sodium: 120.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 18.8 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
  • Protein: 4.0 g

15 comments:

  1. These sound tasty...

    Newest follower from The Middle Matters Blog Hop.
    Please stop by my blog and return the follow.
    http://slepperymind.blogspot.com
    Thanks and have an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you! Thanks for joining my blog hop at The Middle Matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following this blog as well. Love the food, can't wait to try them out on my two year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great always looking for new meals to try
    newest follower from the hop
    http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new recipes, and this sounds delicious!!! Now following from Not So Perfect Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Newest follower from The Good Friends Click Blog Hop--stopping by to say hello! Your recipes sound delicious...and I LOVE trying new recipes! Would love if you followed back! Look forward to following your blog!

    Kelly
    http://delcodealdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your newest follower from the Good Friends Blog Hop. If you get a minute please stop by A Little of This and a Little of That and follow back. Have a fantastic week.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy, sounds good about right now!. Thank you for participating in the Get Wired Blog Hop. I am following you back. Happy Wednesday!

    Vickie
    http://vitoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! New follower from blog hop. Would love for you to follow me back.
    http://fulloftipsmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds delicious!!
    Awesome blog!
    I'm your new follower on GFC.
    So glad I found you with the hop!
    You can reach me at:
    http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The name of this makes it sound delicious!

    I am a new follower from I ♥ Blogging, thank you for joining our hop! I would love if you could stop by www.mooseandtater.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the follow! I'm always a fan of FOOD!! We have a lot in common - my family is in AZ., I have cousins in S. Africa too. IT's always fun to have such a diverse family spread over the world - makes for great vacation planning! Nice to "meet" you!
    ~Wendie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I found you on “The Middle Matters” blog hop and I am following you now! If you are able, I would love a follow back. Thank you!
    ~KerrieLynn ღೋ☙❤
    KLs Cupboard Blog
    KLs Cupboard on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shelly! I'm a new follower from the blog hop thursday. Hope you will follow me back. Thanks!
    http://aimee-girltalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy!

    Hello! I am a new follower from the Thursday Blog Hop. I love your blog and I look forward to reading more posts. I would appreciate it if you would follow me back as well. Thanks & Have a great day!
    http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete