Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Honey Basil Chicken *

I got this off the internet but totally can't remember from where. It is healthy. I would suggest putting it over rice or something. SUPER moist!

1 cup raspberry vinegar
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (I did not have low sodium so I used regular)
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp minced basil
1/2 tsp thyme (I hate thyme so I skipped it and used garlic powder)
Pinch of salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast

In a shallow glass baking dish, mix everything together and then add the chicken coat all sides and marinate for 15 min at room temp (I would suggest longer because it would soak in better)
The recipe says to grill or to broil, I grilled it was worth it.
Also says to boil the marinade in a sauce pan until it is reduced by half. I did it but did not use it smelled too much like vinegar to me but who knows maybe you will like it :)

Per serving: 175 Calories, 1.7 fat (8% of calories), 0.2 g dietary fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment